By: Alana Stillitano
Even though COVID-19 has changed the way many businesses operate, it has only made social media content more important. Compelling social media posts can communicate important updates to your customers as well as develop a strong sense of brand loyalty for your business.
Social media is an amazing tool that, when used properly, can help you to reach a large audience for a low cost. It is an easy way to boost traffic to your website and build your brand. But to reap the benefits of social media, you have to put in time and effort to make it work.
As our team has worked to create meaningful strategies and content for our clients, we wanted to share some of the Do’s and Don’ts to help your business make the most of social media.
- DO Keep your page updated. No one likes a Facebook business page that is missing important information. Take a moment to check–in on the status of your page. Is your profile image up to date? Do you have your operating hours and contact information readily available? By keeping this information filled in Facebook, and other platforms, is more likely to show your posts to your audience.
- DO Respond to your audience. Social media is a great tool to receive feedback about how your organization is performing. Your audience members might pose questions that can help clarify information being shared. People like to feel listened to and responding to positive comments is a great way to further the trust customers have for your business. Create a policy for how to respond that ensures you are on-brand with every message. However, make sure your policy includes how to respond to negative feedback. Reach out to our team for more solutions to this problem.
- DO Build your network. Social media platforms not only allow you to interact with your customers, but also with your community and industry. Reach out and connect to other businesses in your area to help grow your reach and build more brand awareness in your area. Share posts from industry leaders to help demonstrate your knowledge and expertise as well.
- DON’T Create cluttered posts. Keep your graphics easy to read and save the details for the caption of your post. By creating visually-pleasing graphics, you will capture your audience’s attention and then draw them into the details within the caption. Keep in mind accessibility of your posts as well. Visitors might come to your page on their mobile devices or their desktops and your content should perform well on both.
- DON’T Forget to analyze. Social media platforms keep track of how well your posts are performing. Become familiar with how to access these important numbers such as: click-through rates, number of impressions, post engagements and more. Creating goals for your social media strategy is a great way to manage social media performance.
If you want to know more about how to make your social media more effective and drive meaningful results, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team.