Keep Reading: CPR Blog Ranks Among Top 100 In The World
By Brian Chandler, president
When our company blog gets looped in with Regan’s PR Daily, PR Week and O’Dwyers Public Relations as one of the best blogs in the world, it’s a pretty big deal and we’re going to tout it.
Christmas came early for our team at Commonwealth PR when we were notified in December that the company Feedspot had selected our blog: CPR Blog, as one of the top 100 Public Relations blogs in the world. San Francisco-based Feedspot is a collator of sorts for blogs that cover multiple industries, not just public relations, but include healthcare, business, lifestyle education, fashion, sports and culture. All of these can be housed at one place making for a convenient resource for readers.
Specifically, we ranked number 83 out of 100 top blogs in the world. But what spoke volumes was that blogs such as those listed above, and the Institute for Public Relations, PR Newser from ADWeek, Cision, and many other top agency blogs, also made the list. These are very respectable and well-known companies or organizations involved in our industry. We were the only company in Virginia to make the list.
According to Feedspot, making the list meant you hit the following criteria:
- Good Google reputation and Google search ranking
- Strong influence and popularity on Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites
- Display quality and consistency in posts
- Considered by Feedspot’s editorial team and expert review
So, how did we do it? Here are a few rules we like to follow, but also play-by when it comes to helping our clients with their own blogs:
- Each employee is assigned a week and required to research topics and write a blog of interest in our industry.
- Always find a way to mention “Commonwealth PR” or “Commonwealth Public Relations” within the blog copy.
- After every post is made, it is shared via our social media channels.
Finally, I suspect that our approach to taking the time to interview outside experts and quote them is what helped push us over the edge.
As we tell our clients, a blog is something that has to have consistency and be relevant to readers. Following some of the tips listed above, and others not listed here, will help you reach a high ranking with your own blog.
Leave a Reply