With 2018 finally upon us, it’s once again that time of year where we look at ourselves, assess our lives and make some New Year’s resolutions.
But our resolutions aren’t about cutting calories or working out more. They aren’t about ourselves as individuals, but rather our firm and our clients and the ways we can continue to grow and prosper. We’d trade weight loss for a happy client any day of the week (although both would be nice, if we’re being totally honest).
So, what exactly are our 2018 resolutions?
- Build lasting relationships – You can’t have public relations without the “relations.” Building relationships is what we do – whether that’s with clients, reporters, policymakers or other PR pros. This year, we pledge to get out and meet new people and build upon the already great relationships we’ve made over the years.
- Expand our skills – One of the best parts about public relations is that it’s dynamic and ever-changing. Because of this, there’s always an opportunity to learn something new – whether that’s mastering new technology, discovering the latest tool or coming up with a new way to meet your client’s needs. No matter how long you’ve been in this business, there’s always room to grow.
- Grow as a firm – Speaking of growth, our 2018 includes growing as a firm, whether that’s adding more staff or building a larger client portfolio. Growth is something we’re always aspiring to, for both ourselves and our clients.
- Increase brand awareness – Our job as PR professionals is simple – do everything we can to help our clients reach and satisfy a larger audience. So, whether it’s social media outreach, news releases or blog posts, we pledge to grow our clients’ overall brand awareness and help to further increase their ROI.
- Win awards – For the last eight years, we’ve been working tooth and nail to find creative ways to meet our clients’ needs, and we’ve won numerous awards for both our clients and our firm because of it. But we’re not stopping there. This year, we will help our clients get the recognition they deserve. We want our creativity and hard work to make waves within the industry. Just because we’ve won awards in the past doesn’t mean we’re content with stopping there. Like any great competitor, our team here at Commonwealth PR is always striving for more.
What are your New Year’s resolutions? Perhaps the team here at Commonwealth PR could help make them happen. Give us a call – we’d love to chat, even if it’s just to spread some good, old-fashioned New Year’s cheer.
Happy New Year’s from everyone here at Commonwealth Public Relations – from our family to yours!