Public Relations Account Executive
Location: Virginia (Virtual or In-person)
Attention all Public Relations superstars. We’re looking for an Account Executive (AE) to join our public relations agency team in Virginia. As an AE, you’ll be responsible for executing PR campaigns that will take our clients to new heights.
Your day-to-day will include meeting with clients, managing their public relations activities, planning and strategy development. You will be developing media pitches, writing press releases, managing media lists, and reporting on media coverage. You’ll also build and maintain relationships with journalists, influencers, and key stakeholders to secure coverage for your clients. Additionally, you will be managing team members in the execution of media monitoring, media list development and other administrative tactics that assist with our client work.
But that’s not all! We’re looking for someone who’s ready to bring some fun and excitement to the job. We want an AE who’s not afraid to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions to any challenge. Whether it’s organizing a virtual press event, creating a viral social media campaign, or pitching an unconventional story angle, we want someone who’s willing to push boundaries and break the mold.
We’re open to remote candidates, as long as you are in Virginia. If you’re organized, proactive, and have excellent communication skills, you’ll be a great fit with our team.
So, if you’re ready to take your PR career to the next level and work with some of the most exciting clients in Virginia, apply now.
- Strong media relations skills and knowledge required, comfortable pitching reporters both locally and nationally
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in public relations, with experience in agency settings preferred
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills, with proficiency in AP Style
- Experience with legislative support activities and grassroots advocacy
- Proven ability to develop and implement comprehensive PR plans
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong client management and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms and their use in public relations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a virtual or in-person team environment
- Flexibility to travel occasionally for client events and meetings
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, 401k, professional development opportunities, and more. This position is open to both virtual, and in-person candidates located in Virginia. If you’re an experienced Public Relations Account Executive who is passionate about delivering results for clients and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply today.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay
- Public relations: 5 years (Required)
If you’re an experienced Public Relations Account Executive who is passionate about delivering results for clients and working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply today by submitting a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.